Are you inquisitive to know what magazine apps are all about? Come, let’s explore.
This digital era has witnessed a rapid migration of the print magazine users to the magazine app exclusively.
Simply said, a magazine app is the digital publication of an issue content distributed periodically by the publisher. The content is designed, enriched, and distributed to the user devices after the users install the app.It provides the flexibility and freedom to the user to consume the content as per their convenience and comfort.
Magazine apps are designed to operate natively on a specific user device and mainly distributed on the Google Play and Apple’s App Store. The downloaded magazine app version further depends upon the OS of user’s device, say Android or iOS, or others.
Depending upon one’s expertise or wish, a magazine app may be based on multiple topics like sports, fashion, news, or a customized app altogether.
Some of the advantages of a magazine app are listed below:
Easy distribution and access
A magazine app is quickly distributed and accessed over the internet to multiple platforms and devices irrespective of any geographical boundaries. It becomes hassle-free for both readers and publishers as they can achieve their respective tasks as per their comfort. Launching a magazine app in the various app stores increases the reach to the audience and leads to more visibility and brand recognition in the market.
App publishers remain constantly in touch with their readers by sending latest updates, trends, news, and much more. Notifications sent at the right time greatly helps in being visible to the user and encourage app usage. Engaging
Content is made more engaging by using rich multimedia features like audio, images, and video. Other features include simple navigation, slideshows, web links, clear layouts, graphs, tables, 360-degree view, zooming, pinching, and others. Helps in better and interactive flow of information in current all the time in rush hours. Resulting, increase in the app traffic.
Publishers follow monetization techniques for their apps to generate profits. Some of the revenue generation methods are in-app purchases, subscription, ads, and others. One of the mind blowing strategy, often called ‘freemium’ includes a perfect combination of free and paid services, where a reader is offered free articles or chapters to preview the content and attracted to continue consumption on paying the subscription charges.
Sometimes we are unable to access the online pages or the process is much delayed due to poor or no connection at all. It is here that offline library comes to rescue. We can download the desired monthly or weekly issue beforehand and save it in our offline library. Thereafter we can anytime access these articles as per our convenience.
Let’s go through the following steps to understand how an app functions.
- A. The app content is designed to provide seamless user experience by optimizing the look and feel of the product by adopting Page-flipping or scroll down options Native device features
Automatic switching of the layout
- Set alerts and notifications to inform regularly.
- Once downloaded, a user can instantly start reading the content or save it in the app library to read later as and when desired. Users further have the option to bookmark their favorite articles or delete the read articles.
- Allows sharing of the content amongst your community or family on social networks and other platforms. Also, the user can directly communicate with the publisher by the means of comments, feedbacks, and others.
- Can track the in-app behavior and other required analytics of the users which provides an opportunity to improve their brand services.